Electricity and gas supplier
Many towns, villages and other municipalities have found out that changing a supplier is not complicated and that significant electricity and gas expenses can be saved with this change. Our company will gladly assist you in this effort not only with the price of electricity or gas but also with free of charge consulting services.
We have long-term experience in delivering to towns, villages and municipalities which usually have large number of small points of supply. Therefore we create proposals taking synergy effects into account, which makes it possible to realize significant budget expense savings. In general, the more points of supply the better the price can be, so it is helpful for villages and other budgetary organizations to join together and buy jointly. If you want us to create a proposal, please fill in the form (you can find the data necessary to fill in on your electricity invoice), or contact us directly via e-mail.
You can find the current electricity pricing in our price list.
The entire change process costs you no time or money; we use the legal authorization you provide to handle everything on your behalf
The legislative environment in the Czech Republic
- The Energy law Act No. 458/2000
- Act 180/2005 coll. The electricity from renewable energy sources and on changes and amendments of certain acts as amended and on changes and amendments of certain acts
- Public Notices to 541/2005 coll. of Energy Regulatory Office
- Public Notices to 218/2000 coll. of Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Act no. 406/ 2006 , coll.
- Public Notices to 219/2001 coll. of Ministry of Industry and Trade
The following refer to these fundamental acts:
- Operating directive of the transmission network operator ( ČEPS, a.s. )
- Operating directives of the distributing network operators ( ČEZ distribution, E. ON distribution, PRE distribution )
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- What are the fees for changing suppliers?
- Every consumer has right to change its electricity/gas supplier according to the law and such a change is free of charge.
- What are the fees for the new connection agreement?
- Due to preregistration of older points of supply, the appropriate distribution network operator can request a new agreement for connecting such a point of supply. In this case connection fees are not charged as the stated process is only administrative, and we will fully assist you with that.
- Is any change/replacement of physical equipment needed?
- When changing suppliers there is no need to change technical equipment (wires, cables, electricity meters, gas meters etc.) as it is owned by the Distribution network operator while V-Elektra “rents” this equipment.
- Who will be my communication partner?
- For a Composite electricity/gas supply agreement, V-Elektra is the partner for all questions and issues regarding electricity/gas; for an Electricity/Gas supply agreement, it is best to contact distribution network operator directly. However, we are able to help you resolve your problems in this case as well. Authorized contacts are stated in the proposal and in the agreement, you can always refer to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will contact you back.
- What if you become bankrupt, do deliveries stop...?
- In this case it is necessary to note that electricity/gas supply to the final consumer continues, i.e. there will be no cut-off or disconnection of the end consumer and the “supplier of the last instance” becomes the de-facto supplier, usually ČEZ, PRE, E.ON Distribuce (RWE, E.ON Distrubuce, PRAŽSKÁ PLYNÁRENSKÁ for gas), supplying electricity/gas for the price limited by URSO. The consumer is informed about this fact and can sign an agreement with a new supplier within 3 months. The consumer’s only risk is in deviation between the price stated in our agreement and the prices for which they buy electricity/gas from “the supplier of the last instance”, or from a new supplier.